We’re pleased to reveal, we have not one, but two new job vacancies available in two different areas of the business.
At Proline, we are looking to grow our talented team once more as we are on the hunt for a new full-time, permanent draughtsperson/CAD operator and Bench Joiner.
Proline is looking for an experienced draughtsperson to join our drawing office team. For this role, you will be required to have experience as a draughtsperson in the manufacturing sector or experience within the industry. You will be responsible for drawing 2D manufacture drawings to be issued to our clients for approval and creating drawings based on customer specification through to manufacture.
The chosen candidate will report to the drawing office manager and you will be helping to relieve the pressure and assist with production drawings.
Key duties include
- Producing detailed manufacturing fabrication drawings from project designs within the required timescales
- Liaise with sales and estimating to ensure a detailed and accurate brief is developed.
- Aiding the manufacturing and site installation team to fully understand the fabrication drawings and answer queries as they arise.
- Feedback alterations to the designs that may have a cost or programme implication to the design team manager to ensure any variations are noted and dealt with accordingly.
- Liaise with the structural engineer as required to resolve design issues.
- Prepare drawings for approval and chase approvals where required.
- Highlight any issues (e.g., design changes) that may impact the programme or cost budget.
- Prepare manufacturing details, shop assembly drawings and installation drawings/instructions.
- Produce drawings for shop floor to manufacture
- Create 3D models
- 2 years experience ideally working within a design/drawing environment.
- Experienced in the use of AutoCAD.
- Knowledge of manufacturing methods including sheet metal, machining, welding and assembly
Salary – TBC
Our second role available is for an experienced Bench Joiner/Carpenter who is well versed in working with wood and composites. The candidate must be skilled in cabinet building, drilling, using hand tools & power tools, cutting & sanding.
Key duties include:
- Operating and setting CNC Machines
- Bench Joinery
- Must be confident in the use of hand power tools including large and small routers, jigsaws, powered and air compressed sanders
- Able to work to tight deadlines
- Must be comfortable working in a factory environment with the advantage of travelling to sites in the future.
- Must have a driving licence.
- The ability to work independently as well as within a team
- Confident in their own ability
- Attention to detail
Applicants should note this is a physically demanding role with manual handling and lifting involved.
Pay rate ranges from £13.03ph depending on experience
Both successful chosen candidates will expect to work between 8am – 5pm Monday to Thursday, 8am – 4.30pm Friday, with additional hours when needed to meet business demands.
For more information or to apply for either of the roles, please contact our Executive Assistant, Hannah Stanley, at Hannah@prolinecorp.co.uk